Inktober Day 8: Crooked

Of the eight Inktober themes thus far, this one is the best. At first I wasn't sure what I was going to draw. I Googled what other people had drawn for this theme and saw a lot of crooked man drawings (maybe a creepypasta thing?). That lead me to the idea for a crooked nose on a crooked witch.

Crooked Witch and Beetlejuice Attire

And here is why the crooked theme is the best -- I didn't have to worry about straight lines or agonize over symmetry! I shouldn't agonize over symmetry anyway. Naturally, our faces are asymmetrical (not to the extreme like above), but I struggled with yesterday's drawing drawing my cat's eyes. They just HAD to be identical. With this drawing, I was able to let that go -- crooked nose, crooked teeth, crooked neck, crooked fingers, crooked cleavage (LOL!) and crooked face.

Today was an exercise in just letting things go and drawing what came to mind, and celebrating the crooked lines.

~**~
For more on Inktober and to view drawings done by people who CAN ACTUALLY DRAW, please visit: http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober/

Comments

Popular Posts