Inktober Day 1: "Swift"

I need something to take my mind off of things, so why not do something that is completely out of my usual arena.

Inktober -- 31 day of ink drawings -- one per day for the month of October using the themes that are given.

I have absolutely NO ink drawing skills. We utilized India ink in an art drawing course I took at the community college back in . . . 2014. That was back when I was still working midnight shift and was able to take courses during the day. I had always wanted to take an art class.

It was tough but I learned a lot and was very proud of my B+ at the end of the semester.

I went on to draw little comical things on the white board at work; fun, work appropriate things. Usually dealing with things that were going on in the lab. It was a stress relief.

And. . .I more or less threw out everything I had learned in that art class. Opps.

Anyway, here's what I managed to come up with "swiftly" using only a thin point Sharpie.

Surprise Eyeball!
It's poor quality, 2-dimensional, and the roots at the bottom are supposed to be a mouth full of teeth (Unrealistically straight. Be jealous of the demon plant's perfectly straight chompers!).

It kind of reminds me of the Leechgrave roots (Tentaclaws) from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Shiver. That boss fight was HARD!

~**~
For more on Inktober and to view drawings done by people who CAN ACTUALLY DRAW, please visit: http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober/


Comments

Popular Posts