Ice Cream!

Yesterday evening after dinner, I had the strongest craving for ice cream.

Even though it was rainy, windy, and 38 degrees outside (felt like 27 F, according to Weather.com).

The spitastic weather was the only thing that was keeping me from going to the gas station to buy an ice cream sandwich until my roommate suggested I just make it myself.

Oh yeah . . .

A quick trip on Google, that didn't even require me to get bundled up in my coat and scarf, helped me track down an ice cream recipe that didn't contain copious amounts of ingredients we don't have (cream, half and half,  etc). The website Kaboose has a simple recipe for ice cream that only requires milk, sugar, and vanilla (Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag). In this recipe, kosher salt is just as good as rock salt and with my roommate as my "parental supervisor", I shake-weighted myself to sweet heavenly bliss with a bag of freshly shaken (not stirred) vanilla ice cream.

Deliciousness in a bag.

And it's so much cheaper than gas station ice cream.

Comments

Popular Posts