Incredibly Delicious and Extremely Addicting

You know when you get into that mood where you just want to bake something? Earlier this week I really, really wanted to bake the cranberry orange oatmeal cookies but was short on time because of two prelabs that needed to be written. Yesterday, when I returned from band, the craving for cookies struck again but this time for chocolate chip cookies. I found myself torn between baking chocolate chip cookies versus the cranberry orange cookies since I had oranges that needed to be used. What it came down to was a compromise.

If you didn't think the cranberry orange cookies could get anymore delicious, well, think again!

I used the Quaker Oats recipe for the oatmeal cookies along with about a tablespoon of grated orange peel (1 orange) but instead of 1 cup of raisins, I substituted with a 1/2 cup of cranberries and a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. The result: deliciousness that is scarily addicting. Most cookies taste better once they've been allowed to cool but these taste awesome right out of the oven! The chocolate chips are melted and the orange is very fragrant. The combination is like a Lindt Dark Intense Orange chocolate bar except better and with oatmeal and cranberries.

While they are still good the next day, you should definitely try them right out of the oven. I almost cried. Seriously.


Recipe notes:

1.) The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) plus an additional 6 tablespoons which is essential 1 cup of butter (8 Tbsp = 1/2 cup). I only used 1 stick of butter since the chocolate, cranberry, and orange would enough flavor.

2. I used only a dash of cinnamon.

Comments

Popular Posts