Blast from the Past at 5 a.m.

I woke up early this morning with the most random song from 2000 in my head. It was Nelly's "Ride Wit Me", the one with that part "Hey! Must be the money!". I have not heard this particular song in several years and have no clue what would have caused it to be blasting in my head at 5 a.m.

Anyone ever have a similar experience?

I looked up the music video for the song. It made me feel very nostalgic, especially listening to the radio edit version. It brought back a lot of memories from my childhood (I'm that old?), what I was doing when those songs were playing, who I was with, etc. I decided to type "Songs from 2000" into Youtube to see what I would end up with and I found [a] video compilation of Billboard Hot 100 - Top 100 Songs Of Year-End 2000 .

Interesting things I noted from the video:
-Boy bands still existed.
-Destiny's Child was still together.
-Eminem was just starting out.
-Pink had pink hair.
-Singing about a woman in a thong was just about as risque as it gets.
-A lot changes in 10+ years.

I feel so old!

Comments

Popular Posts